Join Roni Proter from Dinner Reinvented to learn how to make a classic comfort food dish with the kids…. added bonus that this dish includes an extra helping of veggies.
The grown-ups and kids in your family are going to love it!
Cauliflower Mac n Cheese
- 1 lb gluten-free elbow macaroni pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose gluten free flour (THIS NAMASTE FLOUR is my favorite brand)
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk, microwaved until hot but not boiling
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cups grated Parmesan
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1 head cauliflower, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Heat oven to 375. Toss minced cauliflower with olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt. Spread evenly on a sheet pan and roast for about 10 minutes or until brown and crispy. Meanwhile, make the roux by melting the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and whisk until the flour turns a light pale brown. Slowly add the hot milk, whisking vigorously until well combined. Add salt, cheddar, nutmeg, and cayenne. Stir until combined, then taste and add salt to your liking. Toss the sauce with the pasta and half the roasted cauliflower. Top with remaining cauliflower and Parmesan and serve.
Stay tuned for more experiential dining content right here on Life.By Arcis.