Join Roni Proter from Dinner Reinvented as she shows us how we can make vegetables fun and enticing for children. This Rainbow Salad is packed with antioxidants and nutrients and the vibrant colors make my kids excited to try them, I hope yours will too!
Mason Jar Salad: Eat the Colors of the Rainbow
1 medium to large mason jar with a screw-on lid
1/4 cup vinaigrette of your choice
1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
1/4 sliced carrots
1/4 sliced cucumbers (suggested: Persian)
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup baby spinach
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or salted sunflower seeds
Feta cheese for garnish (optional)
- Place your vinaigrette in the bottom of the mason jar.
- Next, place your tomatoes.
- By filling the bottom with the dressing and then a veggie like tomatoes (which can mush quicker) it keeps the whole salad fresher longer.
- Pile in the rest of the veggies in this order, yellow bell pepper, carrots, blueberries, red cabbage, and finally pack the spinach.
- Give it a gentle push to keep all the veggies packed in (another reason this salad won’t spoil if it is packed tightly) then sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and cheese if you’re using them.
- Place in the refrigerator and store for up to a week.
Stay tuned for more experiential dining content right here on Life.By Arcis.